Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care in Clearwater, FL.
Memory Care at The Oaks of Clearwater is a specialized community within our community. We have two uniquely designed floors in our community that are dedicated to the special care of individuals who suffer from Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Our Memory Care community is designed specifically to cater to the needs of individuals who have conditions related to memory impairment or dementia. We have carefully designed an environment for seniors with dementia that focuses on stimulation, socialization and specialized care to address the needs of seniors on an individualized and collective basis. We aim to stimulate the cognitive abilities of seniors living with dementia and increase and maximize the capacity for their cognitive functionality so that they may mirror life as they did when they lived at home independently.
Our Memory Care staff has been specially trained to care for the various behaviors and functionality of seniors who suffer from Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Our communication with our resident’s families and caregivers is constant, and we work with them regularly to ensure we are delivering the best care possible to promote the success of each individual Memory Care resident.
What’s Included in Memory Care?
The all-inclusive, detailed Service Plan for our memory care residents may include the appropriate combination of the below listed services:
- All Utilities (including extended basic cable, and local telephone)
- Chef prepared meals daily
- Snack and hydration programming options for off meal times
- Assistance with dressing, bathing, and grooming
- Stand by shower assistance, and assistance with personal hygiene
- Assistance with the ordering, set up and delivery of all medications
- Personal Laundry
- 24-hour access to staff, and access to licensed medical professionals
- Activities and Social Programming tailored to stimulate cognitive recall and growth
- Room checks
- Access to in house visiting physicians, and medical providers, including outpatient therapy
- Escorts to all meals and activities to encourage participation and socialization
- Monitoring by licensed staff for physical or cognitive change in condition
- Supervised outings and trips including walks outside, picnics, fishing trips and more
- Regular updates with pictures and information from events and activities
- Personalized care plan designed to promote independence and socialization
There are two level of care options available to our Memory Care residents that may require care services above and beyond the standard that we provide to the individuals living in our memory care community. We have Extended Personal Care and Limited Nursing Services available as our additional levels of care.
If you or your loved one are interested in learning more about our Memory Care community, our levels of care, or any information listed above, please feel free to call us at (727) 445-4069 or inquire through our Contact Page.
Our Memory Care is located within The Oaks of Clearwater in our 15-story hi-rise on floors 3 & 4. Our building is in Downtown Clearwater, Florida.